Tuesday, January 27, 2009

on WIKIs and Mouse watch too

I 'm dizzy - the RULA learning curve may be too steep for me. How the heck does one edit the name of a new page on the WIKI - I don't want to sound paranoid but I think there are people behind the scenes there that have much more power over this thing - if they're listening could they change my "Pasta e fagioli (soup - vegetarian option)" to "Pasta e fagioli (soup in 20 minutes)" - I think the latter is catchier - alternatively maybe someone can tell me how to edit it myself - maybe I'll contact my group leader - well okay I'll figure it out myself.

I could see using a wiki for committee work within the library - especially for planning teas, parties etc. I wonder if a Wiki for the reference desk would provide continuity, pass along info throughout each day by having us post FAQs and other issues that come up for the day etc.? (do you put .? or just the . in this case?)

Mouse - things are eerily quiet down here on the first floor - I think they have migrated elsewhere. The daily cleaning off of my desk has added substantially to my workload.

No comments:

Post a Comment