Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Week 5 of RULA d.el.ici.ou.s

My experience so far with delicious - YUK! First of all I don't use bookmarks in real books (I'm not proud of that but there it is) - so trying to use bookmarks and bookmarklets here has been horrifying - the creative craft video promised order from chaos - well I want my money back - at this point 40 minutes into the excercise I'd rather have a few .... you know what's on my desk - I do have a delicious account - I believe I also have installed (in spite of dire warnings that a malacious invasion would be risked) some kind of bookmarking tool of delicious's and some kind of tool of Mozilla's that works with delicious - BUT I HAVEN'T ACTUALLY GOT ANY WEBSITES BOOKMARKED in my delicious account and I understand I need to choose 10 that I think fellow library staff-mates should know about - never mind the technology, choosing those sites could be dicey ! At this point in the process I don't feel liberated or empowered - but I'm not giving up yet - I will consult with my leader this afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lies,
    I had some challenges installing the bookmarklet tools as well. Was finally successful and I did also take the easy route and just import my existing firefox bookmarks! Let me know if you need any delicious support :)

    ReplyDelete